This summer eBay is rolling out new updates to help sellers increase their sales by creating a better experience for buyers. As eBay gears up for their (now annual) eBay Open, they are announcing their summer 2017 updates that are rolling out starting in June.
Here is a breakdown of what you can expect from eBay this summer:
- eBay’s Listing Policy Update will no longer support active content.
- Buyers and sellers should use eBay Messaging to communicate.
- eBay will release category, item specifics, and catalog updates that include additions, removals, and renames in several eBay categories.
- Listings and other eBay pages can no longer contain contact information such as email, phone numbers, and social media links.
- eBay will update their links policy to limit the types of links and domains permitted in listings.
International Performance Standards are changing. Only transactions with buyers in the countries included in the Global region (countries outside the United States, United Kingdom, and Germany) will count toward your seller performance rating in the Global region.
eBay will be increasing exposure of listings offering free 30-day and 60-day returns. This update will give buyers 30-day and 60-day free return filters, highlight free returns policies on listings, and eBay marketing campaigns that feature the best returns policies.
Exclusive 3 Day of eBay WebinarSellerActive is partnering with eBay to offer an exclusive eBay best practices webinar series. These private webinars will cover eBay stores, shipping best practices, and promotions and marketing tools. To learn more and register for this exclusive event visit our eBay blog.