A quick look at the program's guidelines and required steps.
What is Amazon Renewed?
Amazon Renewed is a program designed to help you sell like-new products to Amazon customers, worldwide. This includes those products that have been repaired or refurbished, and tested to confirm they work like new.
This is a great opportunity to expand your business on Amazon!
- Boost recovery rate for returned products and generate more revenue
- Appeal to a larger, more value-conscious customer base
- Increase product exposure through complimentary Amazon Renewed marketing drivers
The refurbishment process typically includes a diagnostic test, replacement of defective parts, adequate cleaning and inspection, and repackaging, when necessary.
Products from the following categories may be considered for sale through Amazon Renewed:
- Kitchen Appliances
- Power Tools
- Personal Computers
- Video Game Consoles
- For a complete list of products allowed for sale through Amazon Renewed, please refer to their program policies here.
How do I participate in this program?
To begin selling through Amazon Renewed, you must:
- Register as a seller on Amazon, if you have not done so, already.
- Meet certain qualifications to sell on Amazon Renewed.
- Once you’ve been certified to sell through Amazon Renewed, you can then begin adding listings to the program, through Amazon’s site.
- Sellers accepted into the Amazon Renewed program may not list on all Amazon Renewed ASINs.
- General Amazon gating guidelines may apply — contact Amazon Seller Support to request approval for specific brands.
- Prior to creating a new “Certified Refurbished” ASIN, check to be sure that ASIN is not already live on Amazon because you may not create a new one if an existing Certified Refurbished ASIN exists there, for the same model.
- Follow Amazon’s ASIN Creation Guidelines, specific to Certified Refurbished ASINs.
- Any variations on the ASINs can only be set up through your Amazon contact, and should not be done without consultation with the Amazon Renewed team.
- Certified Refurbished ASINs must be listed with “New” condition type, which will enable your offers to win the Buy Box.
- For complete Amazon Renewed details and guidelines, click here.
How does this work with SellerActive?
Once a repaired or refurbished product has been listed for sale through Amazon Renewed, SellerActive can pull that listing into the system, and the listing be managed from there.