How does the BB notification based Walmart "Win the Buy Box" strategy work?
Walmart's recently released Buy Box notifications (Nov 2020) allows SellerActive to receive instant Buy Box notifications when there is a change in the Buy Box owner, therefore, allowing for more frequent repricing activity.
SellerActive's sellers are leveraging this new notification system for repricing. So far, our initial results indicate that for items not at their minimum prices, our BB notification based repricer captures the Buy Box for sellers a much higher % of the time. When not winning the Buy Box, sellers are competing with either Walmart, or someone who has a much faster shipping option than their own.
If the current frequency in which a competing repricer is not updating your prices as fast as you're looking for to win the Buy Box, read on to learn more details and please reach out to a SellerActive team member to sign up and/or or add the repricing add-on if you're interested.
Walmart Buy Box Repricing: Prior to BB notifications
Historically, for any Walmart listings assigned a Win the Buy Box strategy, SellerActive would reprice these items once or twice a day based on an available Buy Box report from Walmart (due to how often Walmart was making this information available).
Walmart Repricing: BB Notification Based
Here is a brief summary of what to expect below. Please note that details on frequency, amounts, and other aspects may be fluidly changing to improve the overall win rate.
With Walmart's instant Buy Box notification (whenever there is a change in Buy Box owner), SellerActive will be able to see the current Buy Box price and quickly reprice your items lower to try to win the Buy Box. As of now, SellerActive will reprice by $.01 lower.
- If this repricing activity wins the Buy Box, the item's price will stay that price (whether it be minutes or days) until SellerActive receives a notification that the Buy Box owner has changed (been lost). At that point, SellerActive will reprice again to try to win the Buy Box.
- If this repricing activity does not win the Buy Box, SellerActive will continue to send price updates to try to win the Buy Box until your set minimum price is reached. As of now, this will occur hourly and reprice down by $.01. If your minimum price is reached, your price will stay at that price until SellerActive receives another Buy Box notification, at which the repricing will start again.
If you'd like to see details of the repricing activity, you can see that information on a per SKU basis. Select the SKU from either workspace and go to Listings -> Walmart to review your items Pricing History
Here are they Key Benefits:
- Instantly compete against the BB owner when repricing is turned on
- If the BB is not owned, we will continue to compete for the BB with hourly price adjustments
- We have custom dynamic pricing bounds that will protect your ROI
(taking Cost + other variables into consideration)
- On heavily competitive Products that have many offers, we will compete quickly and accurately versus your competition.
Things To Note:
- As of now, if SellerActive sees that the Buy Box owner is Walmart, SellerActive will default to your Preferred Price and not compete for the Buy Box due to less available data.
- SellerActive will not reprice your items upward once BB ownership is obtained (unlike the Amazon Algorithmic BuyBox strategy)
- There are other factors in Buy Box ownership if the price is the same, such as faster shipping speeds
- You currently cannot customize the default amount/percentage of the hourly price adjustments
- Manual price changes can speed up repricing but the automatic repricing changes are driven by changes to the BuyBox owner
- Note: In order to reprice, your listing has to be active with available quantity
🏁 If you're interested in learning more, please reach out to your account rep or email@example.com.