YES! You can leverage Marketplace Management's repricing and order management while also using other services.
Marketplace Management is considered an "all-in-one" service that can handle quantity updates, price updates (with repricing), and order management. With that said, we can establish your account so that quantity updates can continue to be managed on the sales channel directly instead of by Marketplace Management.
Once your integrations have been established, we can set your integration to let quantities from your sales channel override the quantities we have locally. By turning your Inbound settings ON within your integration settings, we can allow for the quantity outside Marketplace Management to update your listings. This will allow you to keep your other third-party services in place while Marketplace Management only sends Outbound price updates.
- Marketplace Management can reprice your active listings only if there is quantity present within Marketplace Management. If the quantity is 0 then your items will not reprice.
- Typically we import quantities for a sales channel once every 24 hours.
Here is an example of how your sales channel's settings (Settings -> Integrations) will look with this workflow in place:
The first integration you integrate with Marketplace Management will be where we draw quantities from moving forward. If you integrate more than one sales channel then we will prioritize the first integration that was connected to our system.
How to create a workflow where the sales channel is updating the quantity within Marketplace Management:
- Integrate the sales channel that you want to update Marketplace Management FIRST
- Verify that the Inbound Setting "Import Listings" is ON
- Verify that the Outbound Setting "Allow Marketplace Management to manage and export quantities" is OFF
You're all set!
Positives of the quantity being updated outside of Marketplace Management:
- You don't have to manage quantities within two or more platforms.
- You can create and assign pricing strategies and then let Marketplace Management's repricing software do the work.
- With the appropriate settings in place, you can still publish to the sales channel without sending quantities consistently to your sales channels (see the "Allow publishing of new product listings and updates to existing listing properties" setting under OUTBOUND).
Negatives of the quantity being updated outside of Marketplace Management:
- Marketplace Management was originally built to be the quantity hub so many features are catered toward the full experience of managing your catalog. Many features within the Products and Listings workspace can be ignored.
- Quantities will not update as fast within our platform. The quantities will be sent to us eventually, but there could ultimately be gaps in time between price attempts (as the quantity may be 0 within our system).
- We would still need the Product/SKUs in our system in order to reprice.
Is this the same as having an FTP, Spark Shipping, or Inventory source update my quantities?
NO! The workflow outlined above is different from an FTP or another service updating quantities for you automatically. This workflow is specifically where we will have the sales channel update Marketplace Management on an automated basis.
- For more information regarding FTP, please review our FTP documentation.
Just as a reminder: If you have more than one sales channel integrated with Marketplace Management, the first integration that was established would be holding priority.
If you need this sales channel designation adjusted, or if you want to confirm which sales channel we are pulling from, please reach out to our Support Team.