If your SKU's don't match from Deliverr to Cart's Multi-Channel Management or vice versa you can take the steps to get your inventory in sync.
Having your SKU's match across your sales channels is not only good business practice but also a key component in your quantities being in sync. If the SKU from Amazon and the SKU from eBay are the same, then your quantities will be in sync automatically for you. Unfortunately some sellers might have already been selling online for a long period of time and thus your SKU's may not match across your sales channels. Fortunately, Cart's Multi-Channel Management and Deliverr offer options to make sure your SKU's are in sync.
If you already have your physical inventory in Deliverr's warehouse you can choose to connect the SKU's on Deliverr's end or you can link the items together through Cart's Multi-Channel Management.
For most users it will make sense to bundle your items within Cart's Multi-Channel Management. This will allow you to a quantity update from one Deliverr SKU to multiple different SKU's that are imported from your Sales Channels (into Cart's Multi-Channel Management).
Deliverr's side (Linking):
- Deliverr uses the concept of "linking" and you can link your Deliverr SKU to site specific SKU's on Deliverr's end.
- You can only choose one Cart's Multi-Channel ManagementSKU at a time and you cannot use the same Deliverr SKU for different Cart's Multi-Channel Management SKU's. This is ultimately best used for a single item matching one individual listing.
- For more information on this process you can review this article provided by Deliverr
Cart's Multi-Channel Management side (Bundling)
- Cart's Multi-Channel Management uses the concept of "bundling" and you can link several Cart's Multi-Channel Management listings together to be dictated by the quantity of a single listing. You would have the listing connected to the Deliverr SKU be the Component that would dictate quantity to the other listings.
- You can choose multiple Bundle SKU's for a single Component SKU.
- For example you have item ABC in Deliverr but that same listing is under different SKU's on all of your marketplaces. You can have the Deliverr quantity feed to SKU ABC and Cart's Multi-Channel Management can push the quantity to other SKU's.
- All orders for the Bundle or Component SKU will route to Deliverr under the correct Deliverr SKU. Fulfillment Center prioritization is key to this process but Cart's Multi-Channel Management will be able to handle this functionality
- For a video on how to walk through this process, you can review that HERE
- SKU Rug-1 is present on Amazon and it is present within Deliverr. It is an exact match to the Deliverr SKU.
- Rug-1 is the SKU for Amazon but is also listed as a 2-pack, a 3-pack, and has a different SKU on eBay and Walmart. This means that 4 listings will be dictated by the quantity of Rug-1 and whenever any order is placed for any of these 5 SKU's, the orders will route to Deliverr