Establishing the crucial setting for publishing and updating prices and quantities.
When you first start with SellerActive your account is actually restricted from performing certain functions. The reason we have it set this way is because there are a few things you should confirm prior to moving "live". If you were to turn this setting "on" prior to establishing a baseline of SellerActive knowledge, you could negatively impact your listings on the marketplace.
What functionality will not work if this is off:
- You cannot publish new listings
- You will not able to update price or quantity on any integrated marketplace
What functionality will work if this is off:
- We will import your listings from the marketplace
- If the SKU's match across marketplaces then we will sync your quantities automatically
- We will reprice your items (if a pricing strategy is attached to your SKU)
- You can establish integrations with other partners (i.e. Deliverr, SKUVault, etc.)
- You can setup cross channel fulfillment rules
- You can Import to create new products or edit product data. You can also upload to modify other pieces of information.
Why would I turn this setting on?
If you want SellerActive to update your prices and quantities or if you would like SellerActive to publish your listings to the marketplace. Its intended use is to make sure that we are actively updating your marketplace with accurate values.
When should I turn this on?
You should turn this setting on when you have confirmed the settings within each integration tile and verify your workflow (i.e. how this interacts with your shipping solution or your SKUVault integration). You will also want to make sure the prices and quantities in our system are what you would like to be on the marketplace.
How do I confirm that the settings are on or off?
The easiest way to confirm is by checking the integrations page. The top setting for "Update Prices & Quantities" will be unchecked and you will not be able to check it on. While you can select "Update Prices" and "Update Quantities" in the second section in Sandbox mode, without this main setting the integration will still be restricted. The Publish button will also be locked within the SKUPane.
How do I activate this setting?
This is a setting that needs to be established manually on our side. Please give our support team a call at 1 (800) 545 7385 option 2. You can also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.