Reach out to SellerActive Support to enable a setting for SellerActive to import your Shopify POS orders and update quantity.
If you have Shopify integrated with SellerActive and also use Shopify POS, by default, the Shopify POS orders will not import into SellerActive. Shopify POS orders are typically purchased in person and do not need to be shipped.
If you share quantity between "web orders that are to be shipped" along with "in person Shopify POS purchases," SellerActive now has a way to deduct these Shopify POS orders from your total available quantity.
If you would like the Shopify POS orders to import into SellerActive and deduct from your available quantity, please reach out to SellerActive Support or your implementation manager.
Key things to note:
- You do not need to set up a new integration under Settings>Integrations for Shopify POS. SellerActive will use your existing "Shopify" integration.
- Shopify POS orders will appear on the SellerActive Orders page under the "Sites" section under a separate channel called "Shopify POS."
- Since Shopify POS orders are not shipped, but usually purchased in person, SellerActive will deduct quantity for any POS orders imported (regardless of Fulfillment Status) but the orders will show up as "Shipped" under the "Status" section on the SellerActive Orders page.
- When quantity is deducted for a Shopify Order, it will appear on the "Quantity History" (SKUPane > Inventory tab) as an "Order."
- Can I just import my Shopify POS orders but not deduct quantity? No, if you choose to enable this setting, your Shopify POS orders will deduct quantity.