Marketplace Management fulfillment helps you fulfill an order outside of Amazon using Amazon’s FBA program. Here's a rundown of the required integration settings, and info on creating shipment mappings between channels.
In this video
- Setting up Marketplace Management fulfillment
- Create shipment mappings between Amazon and a channel, such as eBay
Hello, and welcome to our video tutorial on using Marketplace Management Fulfillment capabilities. This technology allows you to fulfill an order on a channel outside of Amazon’s platform while utilizing Amazon’s FBA program. In this tutorial, we’ll be reviewing an instructional on creating shipment mappings between Amazon and the channel you plan to have Amazon fulfill to.
1. The first step in setting up multi-channel fulfillment in Marketplace Management is to make sure that your Amazon integration is fully established. Head over to settings, and integrations to complete this process if you have not already done so.
2. Our next step is to find the My Services section and click on the Amazon FBA tile. On this page, you will see the Cross Channel Shipping Mappings area toward the bottom of the window. Click on the Add Mapping button before clicking the Select Channel option to choose the channel you plan on cross-channeling to. In this example, I’ll be using eBay. Next, click on the Select Shipping Method option and select the eBay shipping method that you offer your buyers. In this example, I’ll be using USPS priority.
3. Next, click on the Select FBA Service option and choose the shipping service level that matches your service level offered on the channel. In this case, I will be selecting Priority. Click on the Add Mapping button and if you are finished setting up your mappings, make sure to click Save in the bottom right-hand corner of the windowpane.
As soon as the mapping is saved and in place, our system will begin sending available FBA quantity to the mapped channel as well as automatically sending all orders with your specific mapping in place to Amazon for fulfillment. This does require active FBA quantity in our system and the FBA SKU to match the SKU listed on the channel you are cross-channeling to. As soon as Amazon ships the order, our system will receive the fulfillment data and tracking information, therefore, marking the order as shipped and sending the details to the originating channel.
For a short demonstration of how the Marketplace Management fulfillment process looks like in our orders workspace, please click on the link at the end of this video for more information.*
Thank you for watching this tutorial and we look forward to helping you optimize Marketplace Management in our other tutorials!
Currently, we support Marketplace Management fulfillment for the following channels: eBay, eBay Motors, Walmart, Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento, Newegg, Newegg B2B, and WooCommerce.
We are a SKU-based system, therefore if you plan on using Marketplace Management fulfillment, your FBA SKU will need to be listed on the channels that you plan on fulfilling through Amazon.