Establishing the proper order workflow is crucial to having success with Cart Multichannel Management and if orders are not reaching our system, that could lead to overselling.
When you first start utilizing Cart Multichannel Management, questions will come up regarding your current workflow and how to best use Cart Multichannel Management to fit your needs. A big decision to make is how your orders will be managed and referenced within our platform; not all workflow's are created equal.
The most important thing to note is: We will need to import orders from your integrated sales channels in order to properly deduct quantities.
If your SKU's match across your various sales channels, Cart Multichannel Management will automatically sync your quantities for you. If your SKU's don't match, Cart Multichannel Management can still help keep your quantities in sync through our bundle functionality.
Our integration settings (Settings -> Integrations) can be enabled to not import orders from your sales channels but this is not encouraged. If Cart Multichannel Management does not import your orders into our system then we will not be able to deduct quantities as you would normally expect (manual changes to your available quantities, bulk uploads, and imports from the sales channels (if enabled) would still work as expected).
Within each set of integration settings, you can turn Import order ON or OFF
Here is an example of the expected order workflow for quantity deduction purposes:
- An order is placed on ebay.
- That order is imported into Cart Multichannel Management and Cart Multichannel Management proactively checks the SKU that is ordered and isolates the highest priority Fulfillment Center with available quantity.
- The appropriate Fulfillment Center is assigned to the order and quantity is deducted from the Fulfillment Center.
- The quantity deduction triggers an update back to every sales channel with that same SKU.
This entire process happens within seconds!
For more information on our orders workflow, please reference our LEARN HOW series regarding orders.
You can verify which Fulfillment Center/Location is assigned to your orders at any time within the Cart Multichannel Management Order Manager.
If you decide to NOT have Cart Multichannel Management import orders on your behalf, it is crucial to make sure that your quantities are being updated from another source (to Cart Multichannel Management).
Some of our users decide to not have Cart Multichannel Management manage their orders. In exchange, they have setup a process in order to have updated quantities reach Cart Multichannel Management. The options available to you are:
- Have the quantities from a sales channel update Cart Multichannel Management
- Downside: There could be delays with this process (up to 24 hours) as we do not regularly import new listings from the sales channel.
- Establish a FTP that would update Cart Multichannel Management consistently
- Downside: This is an additional cost outside of your monthly or annual subscription.
- To submit an FTP request, CLICK HERE.
- Utilize our open API in order to update quantities or prices.
- Downside: Requires third-party developer assistance and could be expensive.