What is Cross-Channel Fulfillment?
Cross-Channel fulfillment allows you to fulfill orders from non-Amazon marketplaces/sites such as eBay, Jet.com, your own website, etc. with your FBA inventory.
How Does it Work?
When an order comes in from a non-Amazon marketplace/site for a SKU that exists within your FBA inventory, it will get sent to Amazon for fulfillment. When Amazon ships the order, SellerActive will retrieve the tracking information and route it to the marketplace or site that the order originated from.
In order for this process to work your SKU's much match across your sales channels. If your non-Amazon SKU does not match your FBA SKU, the orders will not be able to route over to Amazon successfully.
Does it make sense for me to use Cross-Channel Fulfillment?
This must be answered on a case-by-case basis depending on a variety of factors such as your margins and FBA fees. However, cross-channel fulfillment is a great way to list your inventory across multiple platforms while having it warehoused and shipped by Amazon.
Note: It is important to remember that you will have to pay for fees to the originating order marketplace/site, as well as, Amazon fulfillment fees. Click here for more information on Amazon fees for cross-channel fulfillment.
How do I set up Cross-Channel Fulfillment in SellerActive?
1. List your products on your non-Amazon marketplaces/sites with the same SKU as your FBA items
Note: If you are using SellerActive for inventory management, the quantity available in the FBA warehouse will automatically sync to your other marketplaces where the SKUs match.
2. Map your shipping methods within the integrations page (Settings -> Integrations -> Amazon) in your SellerActive account.
- You need to do this so that SellerActive knows whether to have Amazon ship your orders with Standard, Expedited, or Priority shipping.
- You will create a shipping method mapping for each delivery method you offer on your non-Amazon marketplaces/sites that have items that you want cross-channel fulfilled.
3. Make sure you have "Enable Auto FBA" active for the sales channel your wanting to cross channel fulfill from.
4. You're all set! Moving forward all future orders with a corresponding FBA SKU will be sent to Amazon for fulfillment