We recently released new functionality to streamline and provide the ability to update your product and inventory in bulk. You may now make updates to your Inventory via a file import, and we’ve also added additional properties you may include in the existing Product file import.
View this video for details on this release’s updates:
Product Import Updates
From the Products Workspace, you have the ability to import a file to create new products or update existing product data in bulk. The new properties we’ve added to the Product import are:
- Vendor Name
- Retail Price
- Map Price
Please see this video for more details on how to use the Product Import feature.
Inventory Import Summary
You may now make quantity, fulfillment center priority, and fulfillment cost updates to your Inventory in bulk via file upload. Steps to upload are provided further below.
You may take the following actions via file upload:
- Increase quantity for a particular fulfillment center or your default fulfillment center
- Decrease quantity for a particular fulfillment center or your default fulfillment center
- Override fulfillment center quantity if Quantity Action left blank
- Update fulfillment center priorities by SKU
- Update Fulfillment Cost for a particular SKU by fulfillment center or your default fulfillment center
In this example below, the following actions will be taken:
- Test_SKU SKU at “My East Warehouse” fulfillment center will be updated to have an additional 10 items added to the total quantity, with an updated fulfillment cost of 1.99, and updated to #1 priority between fulfillment centers
- Test_SKU SKU at “My West Warehouse” fulfillment center will be updated to have 15 items decreased from the total quantity, with an updated fulfillment cost of 2.99, and updated to #2 priority between fulfillment centers
- Sample_1 SKU will have an updated quantity of 10 total at the default fulfillment center
- Sample_2 SKU will be updated to have an additional 15 items added to the total quantity, with an updated fulfillment cost of 1.99 at the default fulfillment center
We hope that this release addresses some of the feedback you’ve shared with us. See more details on managing your product catalog by going to our Knowledge Base.
Your feedback helps us continue to improve our product so please send us any suggestions or feature requests you may have for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Update your Inventory via File Upload
To access our import tool, navigate to the Products Workspace and click on the “Import” button located just above the grid.
After clicking on the “Import” button, you may select a file for upload or drag and drop a file of your choice. You may use the Export function available in the same Products Workspace to create an inventory export file, then update the file to reflect the changes you’d like to make, and use that for upload. One of the great advantages to this tool is that you will not need to follow a strict template structure as we’ve built a column header mapping process, however, we’ve also provided a sample template that you may download and use for your convenience. The legacy inventory upload is still accessible with this new Inventory Import until further notice.
After uploading your file, our system will begin a preview process that will give you a snapshot of your file contents and allow you to change the column mappings. If our system recognizes a column header in your file that matches with a SellerActive product attribute this will show as automatically mapped. If we do not recognize a column header then you will need to choose a property name that matches the data you are uploading.
After this is complete, click “Next” and our system will redirect you to the “Imports” page. Here you will be able to monitor the progress of your upload and download a results file upon completion and check for any potential errors.
You should now see your Inventory updated in your workspaces.
Please note the following:
- A SKU is required for each product you'd like to update.
- Leaving a field blank for a SKU will not update that value for the SKU.
- An optional action of 'increase' or 'decrease' can be specified to add or subtract a quantity from an existing quantity. This will not reduce the quantity below zero.
- Fulfillment Centers must already exist before being referenced in an Inventory Upload file.
- If a fulfillment center is not specified, then your default fulfillment center will be updated.
- You may not update quantities for items fulfilled by third party fulfillment centers like Deliverr or FBA.
- Bundles may not be updated via Inventory Upload.
- The inventory import cannot update product and listing properties such as categories, variation relationships, cost, description, price, or pricing strategies.
- The legacy inventory upload is still accessible with this new Inventory Import until further notice, however, please transition to use the new inventory upload now with the updated inventory export.
Have any questions? Please contact our support team via email at email@example.com, or call 1-800-545-7385 and select option 2.