With the hustle and bustle of the holiday season already in place, it’s smart to consider the best practices Walmart has to offer for online retailers.
The Walmart Holiday Hub is packed with helpful selling strategies, and covers questions and concerns any seller might run into, this time of year.
Through the Hub you can access:
- Sell Better Blog Articles. Walmart provides a multitude of articles that illustrate the best steps to take while selling online during the holiday season. This includes checklists, shipping template strategies, key seller insights, and tips on improving listing quality.
- Holiday Webinar Videos. There are several webinars available that are focused directly on holiday selling, and they are packed with great advice. Tune in to hear from Walmart’s marketplace experts on the best growth opportunity tools, increasing sales with faster shipping, how to effectively handle customer service during the holidays, and much more!
- Holiday Timeline & Key Dates. To help keep you on top of major carrier shipping dates, and important deadlines, Walmart offers a timeline right at the top of the Hub.
- Helpful Resources. Walmart offers terrific tools and programs to accelerate sales potential this time of year — with a simple click you’ll be able to take advantage of their shipping templates, videos that help explain the TwoDay and ThreeDay delivery options, and the Listing Quality Dashboard. Walmart’s Live Chat feature is also readily available on the Hub!
Tips from SellerActive
Here the SellerActive team shares Walmart-specific advice to help ecommerce sellers optimize their selling practices . . .
1. Sort out your SKU and inventory synchronization
- Publish your product SKUs in sync with the other channels to make sure inventory flows between all platforms.
- Utilize Deliverr as your preferred fulfillment partner and integrate with SellerActive to make sure your orders are automatically fulfilled and on time.
2. Make certain that you are as competitive as possible with product pricing
SellerActive is beginning to utilize Walmart’s new web hook API access to make sure your offer prices are on top of the competition and at the forefront of the Buy Box. Learn more about this new feature here.
3. Never miss an opportunity to stand out in the crowd with content rich listing practices
Your product title, description, and key features play an integral role in optimizing your customer shopping experience on Walmart. These attributes also play an important role in search engine optimization. Use keywords in these fields to maximize your searchability.
Maximize Profit this Holiday Season
Additionally, gain more traction for your listings by advertising through Walmart's Sponsored Products program. Walmart encourages sellers to increase conversion by appealing to shoppers while they’re in “product search mode”, and offers direction on how Sponsored Products are selected.
And feel free to reach out to the SellerActive team with any other questions or concerns. We wish you the best of luck this holiday season!