For this third and final holiday marketplace piece we turn to the amazing tips and suggestions offered through Amazon’s Holiday Season Best Practices.
On this highly-detailed page Amazon includes very applicable advice for online sellers during the holiday season.
This includes sections on:
- Keeping track of inventory and orders
- How to provide excellent customer service during the holidays
- Effective ways to monitor metrics and feedback
- Ensuring your account and security information is safe
Also featured are links to articles on packaging, shipping, templates, and more!
Tips from SellerActive
The SellerActive team also has some Amazon-specific advice to help ecommerce sellers optimize their selling practices this season . . .
1. Sort out your SKU and inventory synchronization
- Take advantage of their FBA program if your products are eligible. You can use SellerActive to publish an FBA SKU to eBay and utilize our cross-channel order fulfillment network as a bonus
- SellerActive offers a brand-new fulfillment network “switch” that can automatically change your SKU from FBA to FBM when you run out of FBA stock, keeping your merchant fulfilled inventory selling and not missing a beat.
- Ensure all of your products are visible for sale by keeping track of suppressed listings on Amazon — learn more here.
2. Make certain that you are as competitive as possible with product pricing
SellerActive offers several different Amazon pricing strategies to beat out your competition and promote your offer. Market data is plentiful and constant, triggering SellerActive to make sure you are on top of your pricing game and controlling the Buy Box.
3. Never miss an opportunity to stand out in the crowd with content rich listing practices
- If you have content rights to the ASIN (you created the ASIN) then you have full control over the display of that content. Make sure that you are utilizing all bullet points, product description, item specific, keywords, and other relevant product attributes.
- If you are Brand registered with Amazon, definitely take the time to use Amazon’s A+ content offerings to really shine. Hire an HTML expert and put forth a brand vision that separates you from the crowd.
Maximize Profit this Holiday Season
Another of Amazon’s suggestions — not to mention one of our own! — is to amplify listing potential by advertising through Amazon's Sponsored Products program. This program page offers guides, case studies, and FAQs to help you make the best decisions when advertising your products on Amazon.
Don’t hesitate to contact SellerActive if you end up with any other holiday marketplace questions.
Cheers to a successful selling season!