Selling on Amazon is getting more and more challenging every day, especially for newcomers who usually have no idea how to decide on a selling or advertising strategy that will yield the greatest gains for their business.
Starting out, most sellers focus their efforts on fewer aspects of their advertising game. But eventually, as they gain more experience, they realize that there’s plenty to carry out on the other end of the advertising spectrum.
Whether you are a new seller or a skilled merchant with some experience in the Amazon arena, you should wonder if your products are ready to be showcased on the e-commerce titan.
Luckily, we have all the information you need to win your way through the top selling brands on Amazon with the help of Amazon Advertising Tools.
Here’s Why You Should Advertise on Amazon
A great amount of sellers are taking advantage of Amazon’s advertising tools to ensure their products are retail-ready.
Amazon offers the world’s broadest range of products to its online shoppers. And as a seller, you should draw upon Amazon’s Advertising tools to make your products stand out from the crowd, and thus improve your advertising strategy. This way you will keep your customers engaged by making their shopping experience more enjoyable.
Keep in mind that, normally, shoppers spend a lot of time trying to find a good product on Amazon, and having retail-ready product detail pages (a.k.a. ASIN Detail Pages) is the potential solution to this problem.
Amazon Advertising Tools That Will Make Your Store More Successful
Stores are, free, curated destinations for your brand on Amazon. They are pretty easy to customize. Brands use Stores to show shoppers more about who they are and tell their story—deepening brand engagement and customer loyalty.
Amazon is constantly launching new features - to its already comprehensive advertising console - that makes it easier for brands to use them. These are some of the updates added to Amazon Advertising Services:
- Amazon DSP Builder. This is a tool available to qualified/trusted agencies. When you choose an agency to manage your advertising campaigns on Amazon, this tool will enable them to reach exclusive Amazon customers at scale across different devices and formats through display and video ads that resonate with your audience.
- Background Videos. This tile option allows you to upload a 2-20 second video that will auto-play (and loop silently when your Store page loads, letting you display your products in an appealing format to engage visitors.
- Amazon Posts (Beta). This free-of-charge tool is currently only available to Amazon Vendors in the US. Its function is similar to that of a social media feed and it allows them to publish brand-curated content that can be linked directly to their product detail pages where customers can buy their products.
- Campaign Landing Pages. This tool lets you support ad campaigns on Amazon’s website, mobile apps, and table devices. Some of its amazing features are:
- Template Landing Pages - Showcase your products with a predefined layout.
- Tailored Landing Pages - Use a standard combination of components to build a unique landing page for your campaign objectives.
- Custom Landing Pages - You can contact an Amazon Advertising representative to help you meet your advertising needs.
7 Amazon Advertising Success Factors
Do you know if your products are qualified to be advertised on the platform with more competition in the world?
There are a series of factors that have an important influence in your success among Amazon shoppers--and we have outlined them for you:
Success Factor #1: Product Title
Keep your title simple and to the point; they must describe the nature of your product. Although the length of titles is determined by the product category, generally, Amazon allows 200 characters; however, aim for a maximum of 80 characters to ensure a positive customer experience.
The title requirements are the same across all fulfillment options: Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP), and Merchant Fulfillment Network (MFN).
Less is more; the longer your title is, the quicker you’ll lose your customers’ interest.
Success Factor #2: Description and Bullet Points
Your description must be friendly, short, and honest. There is a maximum length of 2000 characters allowed, but try to clock it in under 500, and most importantly, don’t forget to add keywords!
Each product should also have on average five bulleted details. This is the general structure you should follow when writing the description of your product into bullet points:
- Overall synopsis of your product
- Material type (Is assembly required?)
- Major feature(s)
- Minor feature(s)
Help your customers make educated purchasing decisions with the right product description.
Success Factor #3: Product Images
Make sure your images match the product title. Also, keep in mind that Amazon does not allow any graphics, illustrations, mockups, placeholders, props that might confuse the customer, text that is not part of the product, Amazon logos or watermarks.
You would have to send several images of the same product so that Amazon can determine which ones best represent the features you are mentioning in your description. It can take up to 24 hours to get a response from Amazon about the eligibility of your images. Keep in mind that Amazon uses complex image ranking technology to determine display images.
Success Factor #4: Customer Reviews and Star Rating
Buyer satisfaction is a business growth indicator, and your Rating represents the quality of your service. If you boast a high Rating, most likely you will have repeated purchases from your customers. A high rating is essential to increase Amazon conversion rates.
In fact, if you fall below 4 stars, your overall conversion rate will plunge.
Monitoring customer reviews can help you identify and correct product or listings defects, detecting and reporting abuse, or commenting on customer reviews.
Reviews data is published on the customer reviews page within 24 hours of when the review is published on the product detail page and they are retained for 30 days.
Note: To report abuse, click the Report abuse from detail page link under the review in the Brand Dashboard (this will take you to the review on the customer facing detail page) and click the Report abuse link which will pop-up a confirmation box where you will click Report. Amazon will remove any review that violates its policies in which case it will also be removed from the customer reviews page in the brand dashboard. Brands with a pattern of improperly reporting reviews as abusive will have their access to the Brand Dashboard revoked. [Source: Amazon]
Success Factor #5: Inventory
Unlike Amazon Warehouse Deals, where buyers shop for deals on returns and refurbished items, Amazon Outlet is designed to offer new discounted products. This program can help you increase sells, improve cash flow, optimize inventory levels, and reduce total storage fees.
Amazon selects which offers are featured on the Amazon Outlet page.
There are two types of offers:
- Outlet deals. These are promotional offers submitted via Create an Outlet deal. Selected deals are featured on Outlet for a period fixed by Amazon, usually two weeks.
- Outlet sales. These types of sales are the price reductions submitted via Create a sale. Selected sales are featured on Outlet based on factors that include customer demand and product star rating.
Success Factor #6: A+ Content (previously “Enhanced Brand Content”)
A+ Content is a tool that functions as an asset that can help you in your conversion. Therefore, even Amazon suggests that you should combine it with other programs such as ads, deals, or coupons to help you get better results.
This new tool, available on both Vendor Central and Seller Central, allows you to modify your listings by adding rich content, a unique brand story, enhanced images, and text placements to your A+ Detail Pages.
Success Factor #7: Buy Box
You probably already know how important it is to win the Buy Box. And although
Amazon doesn’t have a set formula on how to win it, there are several things you can do increase your eligibility, such as responsiveness, speed of delivery, the condition of your products, the amount of orders you have canceled, customer reviews, price competitiveness, and of course, your advertising strategy.
Clearly, having your products ready for advertising is one of the most important components of successful marketing on Amazon.
Make sure you go over all the success factors above to ensure you provide your customers with the best selling experience.
At the end of the day, your advertising approach will mirror your brand’s value—for better or for worse.